A forum dedicated to the beautiful songstress, Alan Dawa Dolma

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
alan-international social media
Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm by pommy48

Comments: 0

Share | 

Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

edwynkhoo
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Male Posts : 14

Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? Empty
PostSubject: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:21 am

To all alan's fan, it is a pleasure to be here and get to know you all!

When I was listening to her song last night, I suddenly think of the idea to know where do alan's fan come from and how did you discover this inspirational lady from China. We shall gather this information and tell her on her Twitter. What do you guys and girls out there think?

My name is Khoo Teng Hong, a Chinese from Malaysia (any Malaysian fans out there?). I am a big fan of anime and has been watching a lot since my teenage years. I knew alan from watching Inuyasha Final Act in early 2010. Usually I won't listen to the ending theme when the show finishes (lack of patience). But in one silent night, the special voice of alan came out through my speaker after episode 10 of the show. I waited until the credit show the name of the song and the artist who sings it. I search through Avex Trax's website and the rest is history! I am proud to say I am alan's fan now and her life story inspires me.

I look forward to hear from other alan's fan!
Back to top Go down
Xiao_Hua
Xiao_Hua
空唄 lover
空唄 lover

Female Posts : 924

Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Im a girl from Croatia, listening to ayu for ... more than 5 years now and I got into alan through ayu forum > AHS when she got her fist single released. her image and covers attracted me, she was looking gorgeous and different. When I heard her I fell in love and Im following her since then
Back to top Go down
adantatu2
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

Male Posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm from Mexico, i listen j-pop, because i played DDR, and there are a lot of j-pop songs, i loved BeForU and Riyu Kosaka first,
Later i found some songs of ayumi hamasaki in Ares, and i like them!!!
After, i download a lot of her pvs, and i discovered ELBLOGDELNY, they talked about ayu a lot of times.
I got into alan through ELBLOGDELNY, they talked about alan with her second single Hitotsu, i saw a beautiful pic of her, and i think she was cute!!
i watched the pv, and since that day, i'm an alan fan,
I visited alan-world, and then the thread of alan at AHS, and now alan-international !!!!!

Sorry for my english Sweat
Back to top Go down

edwynkhoo
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

PostSubject: more responses needed   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:08 pm

It's good to hear from alan's fans! We need more people to respond here. Tell alan who you are and how you know her!
Back to top Go down
vienna
vienna
桜モダン fan
桜モダン fan

Female Posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:21 pm

hah,I'm from China,alan's home..I knew alan because the movie 《chibi赤壁1》.on one day in the 2008,I planed to download some new songs,and unconsciously I downloaded the< RED CLIFF~心·战~>,so forgettable voice..I even suspeceted in C-POP there truly exists such a good pop songstress???I listened the chinese version of red cliff at that time..and at once I found her other songs..and then addicated ,you know...

since that time ,alan is my most love of all singers,her voice and her songs are unique,maybe I'm little tired of so popular songs now,I'm enjoying the special view alan give me..
Back to top Go down
http://user.qzone.qq.com/406953785
tenshi no hane
tenshi no hane
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:45 am

I'm from the Netherlands~ Lots of people at AHS made alan sets and someone's megumi no ame PV signature looked so pretty that I decided to watch the PV itself (such a shallow reason XD) I thought megumi no ame was quite nice, but I fell in love with alan's music after watching RED CLIFF's PV ♥
Back to top Go down
love.alanx
love.alanx
風の手紙 fan
風の手紙 fan

Male Posts : 832

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:27 am

I'm from Guam. It's considered the U.S. lol
I just got curious and downloaded Megumi no Ame around the time Voice of EARTH was released. I really liked it and decided to download her album. After listening to Voice of EARTH I became a fan. haha
Back to top Go down
Pinguu
Pinguu
恵みの雨 lover
恵みの雨 lover

Male Posts : 1247

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:50 am

I'm from France !

I watched some Oricon ranking around the time Kuon no Kawa was released, went on internet to hear some random song she sings (Gunjou no Tani) thinking it was Kuon no Kawa, and I loved it so much I nearly cried. btw I listened to Kuon no Kawa and died. :D
Back to top Go down
http://frenchandchinese.wordpress.com

edwynkhoo
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

PostSubject: fantastic!   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:54 am

It's really great to know that alan is supported by fans from across the continents. We have fans from Europe, Asia and America. It is true that a heavenly voice and good music can unite people from around the world. Keep this going, it's a great feeling to hear from more alan's fans!
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Do we have anyone from Africa and Antarctica? then we will cover all of the continents lol
Back to top Go down
Rhea
Rhea
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover

Female Posts : 684

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:49 pm

^If they exist, it seems like they aren't members of AI XD

I'm from Norway, and I'd been listening to J-pop for a while before I discovered alan. I first heard about alan around the time when Ashita e no Sanka was released, and I immediately fell in love with her voice. But it took a while before I started following her releases, I think it was around the time of the element-themed singles.
Back to top Go down
lanfix
lanfix
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1648

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm from Indonesia, Southeast Asia.

First time I knew alan was from friends on other forum, they gave high recommendation and said she has most beautiful voice.
Actually when I saw alan's photos before listen her song, I think she's kind of idol singer or so becoz her cute looks lol
alan's first song I listened was Shiawase no Kane.
Back to top Go down
http://infinity328.tumblr.com/
thernz
thernz
東京未明 fan
東京未明 fan

Male Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 pm

USA! USA!

I mainly learned about alan from the movie Red Cliff, though beyond that, I just totally forgot. I don't even remember if it was 2009 or 2008 that I first discovered her.
Back to top Go down

edwynkhoo
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

PostSubject: Keep it going!   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:59 pm

It seems that we have quite a number of English-speaking fans here! I speak mainly English and Mandarin and a Chinese dialect called Hokkien. I only know a smattering of Japanese, too bad for me I can only understand a portion of alan's twitter.

We wish to know more about you alan fans! Keep this up!
Back to top Go down
mobius
mobius
明日への讃歌 lover
明日への讃歌 lover

Male Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:51 pm

^ Nice, you speak Hokkien? I speak Teochew with my families, which is another Chinese dialect closely related to Hokkien. I mostly speak English since I live here in America and a some Mandarin.
Back to top Go down
Maryz
Maryz
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Female Posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm from Brazil, so far >.<

And I'm fan since 2007 when she released her first single "Ashita e no sanka". I watched one performance and I loved the song, so I looked out for the single and loved the b-side too. It was love at first sight XD
Since then I've been waiting for all of her releases, hitotsu, Natsukashii Mirai... and looking for her Oricon rank and cheering for her.

I listen to Jpop since 2004. I got into because of Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada and BoA. I was just curious to listen Japanese music. I liked one movie from Japan that I watched on tv, and I got hit by the idea to listen their music too. So, I searched for singers XD and here I'm addicted

Back to top Go down
Yanos
Yanos
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

Male Posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 6:13 pm

well i am born and raised in Britain, but i have always loved China.
I have lived in China for half a year, and the one place i have always loved was Cheng Du in Sichuan. Cheng du is now the home of my heart, even though i don't live there anymore. I was loved the Tibetan side of it as well.

One thing i loved the most was the romance of the three kingdoms, and when i heard about Red Cliffs i instantly loved it. then i heard alan sing the theme song and really liked it as well. When i learned that she was Tibetan and from Sichuan i looked at more of her songs, and have been loving them all ever since.

where i live, nobody has even heard of alan, and those i have told didn't like her music. so it is great to be able to actually talk to people about it.
Back to top Go down
eiga
eiga
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm from Canada lol I discovered her by fluke~ the most beautiful accident ever~~ lol jks~ I was on Boajjang and some person was promoting aLan there~ So I check it out and fell in love with her and ashita e no sanka~

Back to top Go down

kaiyuri
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Female Posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:57 am

I guess I'm a bit late in joining this thread, but as the newest member of this forum, I feel obliged to contribute in some way so here I am.

I'm from Singapore, so I'm a native speaker of English though Chinese is my mother tongue. Have been learning Japanese for a few years now, and will be taking my JLPT N2 next week. So I am very fortunate as a fan of Alan, to be able to understand her through her Chinese and Japanese activities. (While school is keeping me real busy, I am more than happy to help fellow fans with understanding her interviews/videos/tweets/weibo/etc so don't hesitate to ask!)

And as for how I got to know her, like many of the posters here, it was through AHS (am an Ayu fan too~) and it actually started from her very first debut song. But well, somehow it took me nearly 4 years to join this forum ^^;
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:38 pm

^ Haha all of AHS will soon migrate over here one day! Hohoho
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?   Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which corner of the world do alan's fans come from, how did you discover her and for how long you have known her?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top