A forum dedicated to the beautiful songstress, Alan Dawa Dolma

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
alan-international social media
Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm by pommy48

Comments: 0

Share | 

Poll - Where do you buy your music from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Where do you buy your music from?
CDJapan
Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_vote_lcap26%Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
YesAsia
Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_vote_lcap32%Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
Play-Asia
Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_vote_lcap11%Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
HMV
Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_vote_lcap11%Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Other website (please comment)
 11% [ 2 ]
I buy them in person!
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
alanamra
alanamra
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

Female Posts : 248

Poll - Where do you buy your music from? Empty
PostSubject: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:19 pm

I'm curious, what websites have you bought your Asian music from? Which one has the best service from your experience?

Other than using a middleman service for some rare things, this is where I have ordered from, in order of how much I have spent:
Play-Asia
CDJapan
Himeyashop (closed now, they were expensive but had some rarer items)
YesAsia
eBay

My favorites are Play-Asia because they have a great variety of products (they carry some Bemani CDs none of the other sites carry). However, I don't think you can get first press there. At CDJapan you can get first press editions, which is nice. And YesAsia has some first press as well, but they seem to be less up-to-date about it.

Last edited by alanamra on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xiao_Hua
Xiao_Hua
空唄 lover
空唄 lover

Female Posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:21 pm

mostly I try to use ebay cause of good prices, but other than that cdjapan and yesasia
Back to top Go down

kpp
風の手紙 lover
風の手紙 lover

Female Posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:42 pm

I've bought 95% from yesasia
4% from stores here
1% from CDJapan

so I prefer yesasia
Back to top Go down
adantatu2
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

Male Posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:56 pm

1.- Play-asia
2.- HMV
3.- CDJapan
4.- Yes asia

i made my first order on yesasia some days ago, and i'm really nervous for some coments that i read here
Back to top Go down
tenshi no hane
tenshi no hane
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:26 am

I've used CDJapan but when they delivered my CDs I had to pay like €35 extra for customs x_x I've read Yesasia hardly ever gets caught by customs, so I think I'm gonna try Yesasia next time Sneaky
Back to top Go down
im-izi
im-izi
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

Female Posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:44 am

Well, first of all, I always check amazon (uk). I know that sounds silly, but they sometimes out of complete luck I guess, have the CDs that I am looking for stocked. Of course sometimes, they charge a ridiculous amount as they only have one in stock, but I have actually found some deals just by searching. For example, I got Zhang Li Yin's album from amazon (official amazon, not the marketplace) for £7, cheaper than it was on Yesasia and with free, quick shipping. Yeah that was amazing! :D

Although most of the time, amazon won't stock any of the asian CDs I am looking for, so then I look on Yesasia. Although, I have read about packaging issues here, both my two orders were fine and packaged in boxes. If you buy in bulk it is just so much cheaper then elsewhere and with the free shipping and the fact that they pay (or get round it somehow idk) for taxes and customs charges, if you are from Europe, it is just a much cheaper option.
Back to top Go down
http://piecesofgold.tumblr.com/
Rhea
Rhea
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover

Female Posts : 684

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:30 am

I usually order from CDJapan because then I get the pre-order/first press bonuses, and they suually deliver really quickly. The shipping is a bit expensive though. If I have a big or expensive order, I tend to order from YesAsia because then I'll get free shipping and I'll (usually) avoid customs Sneaky

YesAsia's delivery time can vary a bit though. When I ordered the AKB ga Ippai DVD I hardly waited a week before I got it (yay!), but I'm still waiting for my Minna De Ne and Daihakken CDs... I'm sure they'll come eventually, but the wait is killing me XD;;
Back to top Go down
alanamra
alanamra
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:05 am

Wow, I have never had a "customs" issue from any of the places I have ordered.. I'm curious, is that just something that is a result of living Europe/other places? (All my stuff has been shipped to USA.) Why does it seem to happen randomly?

And yeah, about Amazon I have seen that happen with one CD.. a very rare one actually, and it was listed so cheap (too bad I was broke at the time!) But in the marketplace, almost everything is overpriced. I have recently listed a few used J-pop CDs there for "fair" prices, otherwise I don't see how they would sell anything..

Also I have ordered from eBay before because of cheap prices, but once I got a CD that says "sample - not for sale" around the inner rim of the disc - they're not supposed to be making money from it Stress
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:02 am

^ A lot of people sell the things that are "not for sale" like posters

Some of those promo CDs are rare....like alan's Orient of the Heart promo CD with its special packaging *_* (by that, I just mean it has a never-been released cover)

I mainly buy from Yesasia and CDJapan. I used to use Yesasia a lot more, but not since I've received cracked CDs from them...
I only used Yesasia cause I was buying like 6 singles at a time to complete my alan collection, but now I just use CDJapan cause I only buy 1 CD at a time~

I also 'buy them in person', but by that, I just mean that my dad buys the CDs in Taiwan~
Back to top Go down
GREEN ~Love Moon Light~
GREEN ~Love Moon Light~
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:44 am

I always buy them from HMV, their site is easy to understand :)
Back to top Go down
lanfix
lanfix
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1648

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:57 am

Usually CDJapan for fast delivery if I really like the single/album and want to get it as soon as it being released, the shipping fee is expensive (^^; )

I also buy from Yesasia especially coz they have some concert goodies that isn't being sold everywhere else beside mu-mo. But last time I pre-ordered a concert photobook from Yesasia, they suddenly cancelled it and said their supplier couldn't get the item.

It's quite hard to find JPop CDs on music store in my country (T_T )
Back to top Go down
http://infinity328.tumblr.com/
Mark
Mark
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 am

I buy most of my Chinese music from YesAsia.com, although I have tried Buyoyo and HMV.com.hk on an occasion. Buyoyo and HMV will tease me with CDs listed that are not available anywhere else, but then after 2 weeks of waiting I find out they can't get them. I buy most of my Japanese music through HMV.co.jp, but I have used YesAsia quite a bit also, and Amazon.co.jp and CDJapan to a lesser extent. If there is a bonus somewhere I will tend to go there. I like CDJapan for their bonus rolled posters over HMV for their folded posters.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Where do you buy your music from?   Poll - Where do you buy your music from? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll - Where do you buy your music from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top