kokkok0213
3000smiles
Kamik
Kamik
pommy48
Kamik
Kamik

Share | 

What would it take for alan to become successful?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

Male Posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:44 pm

I love songs like Diamond and Over the clouds, and i think she can make that kind of songs and sings epic songs like RED CLIFF too.
But some fans were angry because they think alan isn't the same if she sings songs like Over the clouds.
Back to top Go down
Xiao_Hua
空唄 lover
空唄 lover

Female Posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:03 pm

I know. It was weird from the start, representing her like 'wail queen' and then... she's young and cute, she has potential, so much more than just singing epic songs.

Back to top Go down
wgabi
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:36 am

adantatu2 wrote:
I love songs like Diamond and Over the clouds, and i think she can make that kind of songs and sings epic songs like RED CLIFF too.
But some fans were angry because they think alan isn't the same if she sings songs like Over the clouds.

i don't think "we" (or at least myself) were angry, i don't mind if she sings more "modern" songs as well, i even said before that she should make different style albums, though it is not simple to do so, but there are singers who did it and with succsess. i just think that song like diamond and over the clouds are not her real style, and she will never be able to compete with the "pop" singers, and this is not because of her voice, but because of her soul...
Xiao_Hua wrote:

I know. It was weird from the start, representing her like 'wail queen' and then... she's young and cute, she has potential, so much more than just singing epic songs

i don't see why would it be weird. if someone sings opera, then they are opera singers, if it's folk, then they are folk singers and so on... it would be a bit difficult to define alan's style, but it's due to the "confusing path" what avex tried to give her, but just because she's young and cute, that doesn't mean she must follow this "path"

we have different taste, and that is ok, this world would be really boring if we would be the same, and i always try to respect others... but for me the #1 proof is her last concert, i was just watched it and to me it's clear that she couldn't fully catch the hearts of the "teens" but the more grown up audience, those people (i'm pretty sure) didn't go because of her pop song, in that case the stage and the show should have been different (i.e. with sexy dancers, etc) but again it is just not her style. alan loves her heritage and happy to sing even tibetan songs... maybe she is not a "wail queen" but she is really good at it. people who went to watch her, they went because of her performance, they wanted to enjoy her singing in live, while people who are going to "idol style" concerts, they want to see ther "idol" and the show, singing isn't that important, and normally doesn't give any extra to the audience.

i trully believe, if they try to force alan to take her current path, and sing only medicore cpop, she will be slowly disappear, the competition is too big, and it doesn't match her personality, at the same time, if she could get some really good songs in this style, she could still shine, since she has her talent and voice.

i think she will be happier in china, especially in tibet. i wish her all the best, and hope she will find her path, even if it's not gonna be very popular, as long as she keeps singing, it's ok (and maybe one day she can sing what she likes)
Back to top Go down
Batcat
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Male Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:18 am

wgabi wrote:

i trully believe, if they try to force alan to take her current path, and sing only medicore cpop, she will be slowly disappear, the competition is too big, and it doesn't match her personality, at the same time, if she could get some really good songs in this style, she could still shine, since she has her talent and voice.

i think she will be happier in china, especially in tibet. i wish her all the best, and hope she will find her path, even if it's not gonna be very popular, as long as she keeps singing, it's ok (and maybe one day she can sing what she likes)

I have been thinking about that myself lately. The combination of her wails and erhu has been referred to in one article as her "secret weapon". This is something I feel has been under-utilized. My opinion is that in order for her to really move forward, she has to go back to her Tibetan roots.

If she were to sing some pop songs in Tibetan language using this distintive style, these songs will be popular with both her Tibetan and non-Tibetan fans. This is something other J-pop, K-pop, and C-pop singers cannot do and will allow her to standout from the rest of crowd, and maybe even break out of Asia and into the rest of the world. After doing J-pop and C-pop, perhaps she can try T-pop. It would be unfortunate if alan were to be seen as just another C-pop and J-pop singer when she has so much potential.
Back to top Go down
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7549

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:25 am

The sad thing is that this Tibetan style is really not appreciated by the general public.

To us it sounds beautiful, but to others, it might sound screeching.

I would hate for alan to do T-pop...she would be so limited that way and the amount of people she can reach will be so much less unlike with Jpop or Cpop.

alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:44 pm

i feel like i have to argue again Dead

i start feeling i'm the opposition on tis forum, and i don't like politics...

pommy48 wrote:
The sad thing is that this Tibetan style is really not appreciated by the general public.

very true :-( but...

pommy48 wrote:
To us it sounds beautiful, but to others, it might sound screeching.

Hi so what, why would we care about the ones without ears

pommy48 wrote:
I would hate for alan to do T-pop...she would be so limited that way and the amount of people she can reach will be so much less unlike with Jpop or Cpop.

well... i know "we" all want alan to be really successful, and known worldwide :-) but just beacause jpop and cpop are more popular, it doesn't mean that is the only way, or the right way. why would she has to give up her heritage. for me it doesn't matter if she or any of my favorite singer is not in the top ten on the orion chart or on any western chart, in fact i don't care if they are on those charts at all, as long as they are successful in their fileld and i can enjoy their singing, i'm happy.

i wish she could find her own way (what ever is it), not what some money hungry management trying to force on her. and if only people with sense of art will enjoy her song, so be it...
i want good music, good singing, i don't want popular music, popular singers (sometimes when we are lucky, they are the same)
Back to top Go down
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm not saying that we have to care, but if the public doesn't like it...it won't get alan anywhere~

Even her most popular songs in China like Wo De Yue Guang and Da Jiang Dong Qu don't have her wailings

I like the fact that she's incorporating her heritage into her music and I hope her Chinese producers will do the same with her music from now on, but it's hard for us to wish her to maintain her heritage while being in the mainstream. Her company isn't some small indies company that will let her do whatever she want, so for now...we will have to settle for pop music.

空唄 lover
空唄 lover

Female Posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 am

its not we want popular music or alan to be number 1 so we can brag lol,

its this: if you are not successful music artist label drops you and you cant make album after album and thats what alan addicts want - more and more music from alan.

Back to top Go down
wgabi
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:55 pm

pommy48 wrote:
Even her most popular songs in China like Wo De Yue Guang and Da Jiang Dong Qu don't have her wailings

i never said she should only sing tibetan songs or her wailing has to be in every song. it is something what i miss too much, also i miss her "natural" talent like in "da jiang dong qu", her voice is absolutely beautiful, and in perfect harmony with the music, just like kuon no kawa, i'd be happy to hear songs like that, unfortunately not that many alan fan see the differences between a song like this and many mainstream songs, i can't justify quantity over quality no matter how much i like an artist. i know i'm fighting against windmills on my donkey, but i want to enjoy her voice which is very unique, and it's rarely possible in mainstream pop music.

anyway

this is all for nothing, as others said before... money talks, and those record companies only care about money, so what alan, her fans or myself want is ·"$·"&%·&" Angry
Back to top Go down
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:42 pm

I just meant that her wailing is not the most popular aspect of her music, so she can still be unique in her own way without them (though we would prefer them haha)

But I understand where you're coming from, but alan is trying in the mainstream, so we can't just wish her to do what she wants, but hopefully her new company won't just make her into the generic Cpop singer.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would it take for alan to become successful?   

Back to top Go down

What would it take for alan to become successful?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
alan international :: alan :: alan Chat Room-
Create free forum | Music and Radio | Pop music | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum