A forum dedicated to the beautiful songstress, Alan Dawa Dolma

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
alan-international social media
[Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm by pommy48

Comments: 0

Share | 

[Article] alan: It's hard being a singer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

[Article] alan: It's hard being a singer Empty
PostSubject: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:53 am

alan accepted a reporter's interview as she is back in Sichuan for the recording of "中國藏歌會". As a singer who has participated in many music talent variety shows, alan commented on this genre of shows. "There's less and less music involved. The individuality of music and the singer's own unique talent are less and less. It's too hard to want to just be a pure singer. Nowadays, it's hard for singers. There's too many people on talent shows. It's a huge impact on the music market. A lot of fans don't actually focus on the music itself like for a music variety show, they're more focused on what you wear or any accidents onstage. They don't focus that much on the music anymore. This is really hard for an artist. A lot of music shows would use an elimination process for better ratings. You can't put a points rating to music. In order to satisfy the audience and for good ratings, you don't get a lot of freedom in the songs you choose to sing. You're really just fighting for the arrangement to be fancy, surprising, or exaggerating. I think that this is not good."

Source
Back to top Go down
PWindy-kun
PWindy-kun
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 8:49 am

Many thanks pommy for translating!  [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer 654412 What a nice artical for New Year's Eve.
First of all, I completely agree on alan's thought. Nowadays, most of people don't care about artistic value of real music but the singer's appearance or scandal and etc. The singers cant be themshelf if they wanna attract more and more fans. They decided to change their music style so as to be suitable for new general trends. (I see alan did before)
Moreover, there are more and more honoring artists awards rely on voting. A singer will win if he or she has more fans than the others. The real value has been forgot day by day. Yes, "this is not good"!
Back to top Go down
Hmonks
Hmonks
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ fan
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ fan

PostSubject: Re: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Agree with this article now it all about image and a person rather then music, and I think that what kinda shy good music away, Alan did indeed try to join the pop industry and rather it succeed or not it didn't lived up to her old musical attitude when she first debuted. I hate to say this but look at her current album it had more then it share of generic pop song then it actually represented her true color, and this is one of the reason why give people saying that her current music path isn't as good as her older path because i believe that she isn't able to produce her own music style but rather follow what the company say (ONLY DO TO SELLS ) and music like that often become repetitive and eventually artist like that don't last that long.
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:46 pm

She is producing her own music style right now. She is not being forced by her company with this album.

The problem is the lack of good producers her company can offer.

It's sad that the Cpop market have to make singers more of a talent instead to gain fame.
Back to top Go down
alluremoon
alluremoon
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

Male Posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 4:12 pm

That is brave of alan to be honest about the matter and how she feels this affects her and the environment. Usually as an artist you can't say too much negative things over your industry. Or no label is going to financially support you and with future releases. Talk about PR.

I totally agree with alan here. Unfortunately it is a complex industry here. The "emperors" only care for their bottom line and they could care less for what 'real' music is all about. Hence you get these way out of context entertainment concepts for music. And just do this 'concept' for your new album. End of discussion. Or slightly offtopic, producers and mastering engineers being forced to boost the tracks volume, because louder sounds better. In fact, it actually damages the sound quality on a potentially awesome awesome song which can not be repaired from an audiophile perspective.

I am however glad to hear alan upcoming new album does feature genuine work of alan. Let's hope that is true.
Back to top Go down
http://iadoremoon.livejournal.com/
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 4:32 pm

Actually, for the last 回望 performance I posted in the alan Updates thread

A fan who went to the actual recording said the production toned-down the quality of alan's performance. Since the competition results were rigged (as in one company was sponsoring the show, so of course their singers had to win...), but a judge commented that alan's performance was not good enough.

So the sound masters kind of ruined her performance for the broadcast
Back to top Go down
tenshi no hane
tenshi no hane
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:14 am

So true. It's sad that lately the music business is about everything but music.

I mean, I like it when we get nice PV's and everything, but that's just bonus. It shouldn't be necessary.
Back to top Go down
martyt
martyt
alan fan
alan fan

Female Posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 9:29 am

In my opinion, it's a matter of equilibrium. It must be extremely frustrating for someone to make it in their jobs based only on luck, but unfortunately, for singers is just like that. It's half luck, half charisma: you can't sell without both of them. Because, objectively, there are tons of amazing voices out there, but a lot of them are identical, at least for me. That's why they create a shining side dish (with PVs, covers, and yes, even clothes), to give shape to their voices and artistic visions. But, of course, the voice must be a huge part of the process as well (it's called singing). The other things are important too, though (sorry but, for me, a pretty voice alone is not enough).
As I said, it's all about equilibrium.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer   [Article] alan: It's hard being a singer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Article] alan: It's hard being a singer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top