View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nozname
nozname
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Male Posts : 4

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:02 pm

Anyway, what singing competition Alan is still currently joining?
I only know that she joined 中国音超 which she lost three rounds straight. (skip through the videos to just see her performance)
I watch a couple of videos of her performance in 梦想星搭档, which she sang quite well...

I personally think she choose to go China was a wrong path, it is just a country that enjoy singers killing each other, and the "Chinese" songs she chose for the competition doesn't have that kind of impact to kill off someone.
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:08 pm

She went back because she wanted to be closer with her family. If she stayed in Japan, then there's always all that political problems.

She doesn't really get to choose her songs. If she actually got to sing songs that'll blow people away, she could have done so earlier.
Back to top Go down
nozname
nozname
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Political problems in Japan?

Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 pm

China and Japan do not get along...
Back to top Go down
nozname
nozname
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Well, that's a pity because she been doing so well in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Hmonks
Hmonks
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ fan

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:43 pm

I swear what does political tension have to do anything with her singing career and it shouldn't, but i cant judge her choice, but yet again I can sometime consider how ignorant some fan can be and you know who i'm referring to. All in All Alan doesn't seem quit that will know (internationally) as her previous career when she was at her primes (Red Cliff) to the VOE era
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 4:12 pm

If you see the comments people used to direct at her, you won't say the same thing.

At least, she's happier in China than when she was in Japan.

As much as we would love good music, we shouldn't be so selfish. She's not a robot.
Back to top Go down
martyt
martyt
alan fan
alan fan

Female Posts : 207

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Ah-emh...
Some of us are even happy with her chinese discography too! =D (talking about me, obviously, lol)
Until she's not forced and she's doing her own choices, I'm happy wherever she is.
I just want her to sing, 'cause she's born to do it!
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with what she has so far Angel 

Once you stop being stuck up on her Japanese career, you can appreciate so much more!
Back to top Go down
Hmonks
Hmonks

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:09 am

pommy48 wrote:
If you see the comments people used to direct at her, you won't say the same thing.

At least, she's happier in China than when she was in Japan.

As much as we would love good music, we shouldn't be so selfish. She's not a robot.

People are people there are good and ugly, Yes I understand that it hurts when people say offensive stuff but who haven't been attacked verbally when they become popular ? What Im saying is that I can't judge Alan for who she is or what she does (political aside), But I'm just stating the obvious that her current career isn't as popular as it is when she was with Avex, yes she gain a huge Chinese fan base, but she kinda dim in the light from her previous popularity, Sadly most people will remember her only from Red Cliff, But what matter is as long as she is happy then I'm all for that, even though i despise the current producer she working for (music contest, Diving show, Pop imagine, ect that doesn't direct to music) I will still gladly support her.
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:41 am

Yes, but have most been called extremely ugly words because of their ethnicity? Because of their heritage?
They called her a traitor. They told her to get the hell out of China and never return. They insulted her father. They called her a "Japanese ghost" which is like calling someone a n-gger

Even when she was in Japan, people only remembered her from RED CLIFF. It doesn't matter what she do and where she is because that was the highlight of her career.
And we all know she's not as popular. alan knows and her company knows.

Why don't we have better-produced music? Why do we always have to complain about the production?
If fans (people that actually support her) will buy her music, then her company would put more focus on her.
It's just a cycle. You can't expect her to have good things in a small company when no one supports her.
Back to top Go down
tenshi no hane
tenshi no hane
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1690

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 1:39 am

Why do people keep saying she was famous in Japan? She wasn't famous at all. Some people knew her from Red Cliff but that's it. She didn't have great sales. I've lived in Japan for 4 months and not a single person knew who she was when I told them I liked alan's music. She had a good reputation among Japanese composers/songwriters but that's it.

She decided to go back to China and we should respect her choice. And even if she had been famous in Japan, it doesn't mean she has to stay there. I doubt you'd think it strange if a "common" person switched to a less prestigious job because it made him happier.
Back to top Go down
Hmonks
Hmonks

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 2:44 am

Maybe it sound like I don't like any of her Chinese song, but that not true, I really appreciate what she does with her work in China, Yes sometime it sound like I personally attack her music genre and calling it generic, but that doesn't mean I hated it..  Yes it is true that she wasn't popular in japan and had a very low sell, but she was more recognized in a sense to a wider group of people  then to  what she is now (maybe due to the fact that Japanese music is more popular)  , but then again I feel that the Japanese composer respected her work more then to what some Chinese composer felt about her, and if you deny this then go ahead but there is more then enough evidences to prove this look at the recent Music contest ( in my honest opinion that is an insult to any artist when they are already recognized for having an amazing voice) and she was criticized by one of the judge from her singing ability. Even a Host from the Tibetan Festival judged her nationality because of her singing capability. Sadly I feel like why some people still follow her are only because of her beauty. Even her own producer don't really want to support her on her next coming album, but prefer her to stick more to acting, modeling and shows and this prove my point what they really wanted from her, To be honest if she didn't get recognized by Avex, I'm sure she wouldn't be where she is at right now, and all honesty I believe that some of these producer saw her fame in Japan and took that opportunity. Let be honest here, Her Chinese song isn't that unique as some may consider and Trust me I can name quit a few Unique Chinese singer that doesn't follow the genre that existed in Love Song.

So you guys can't deny her stay in Japan wasn't all for nothing, but was a huge door way to where she is at today.
Back to top Go down
tenshi no hane
tenshi no hane
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1690

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:53 am

I agree her time in Japan was important. No one is denying that. And frankly I also prefer her Japanese works. Most of us do. But she's no longer in Japan. She ain't going back. She's a grown woman, she chose to leave, deal with it.

Yeah, the Chinese music industry frustrates me too but alan chose it anyway. Either support her or stop listening to her.

This isn't only directed at you, Hmocks. I'm simply sick and tired of people coming here to whine about how "her Japanese work is so much better! She should've never left!" all the time.

Anyway, let's wait and see how her new album will sound.
Back to top Go down
mikitty15
mikitty15
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 7:25 am

I will probably frustrate you but I'm much more appreciative of his Chinese Japanese work .... For me it's much more like these songs like 'Swear ..... I am not criticizing but Alan I think this is the best :)

Sorry for my bad english ^^
Back to top Go down
mistermickeyd
mistermickeyd
ひとつ lover
ひとつ lover

Male Posts : 425

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:41 am

I also prefer her Japanese songs a little over her Chinese ones. But at the end of the day I just want to hear the woman sing. And as long as alan is happy where she's at, I'm happy for where she's at. No amount of griping is going to change the fact that she has free will and can do whatever she wants with her life.
Back to top Go down
Hmonks
Hmonks

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 11:49 am

Will when it comes to freedom and Business that is 2 different concept. I don't know why Yuehan didn't really want Alan to continue producing music, but I probably figure that maybe her First album didn't do to well ? Anyways. I believe that was her weaker Album then majority of her previous one. Yes I sound a little bias, but a lot of the track seem like jammed Chinese pop songs that was just all throw together, I also felt like her first Song Home was just to generic and boring  in a way that it was forgettable, Probably she didn't had a choice but to sing it because maybe at that time those type of music was "mainstream". Hack her whole Love Song Album was forgettable there not one track that awe me, To be frank It isn't that I want her to go back to Japan, But I want to see something Unique out of Alan like she did once with her previous Albums. Hack I think her First Chinese cover songs was far more superior to the Love song Albums, Anyways as for me Alan came back with a Chinese album that was quit weak and didn't live up to most people expectation ( I believe that why people wanted her to go back to japan and loved her music there ). Yes the music industry is a pain in the ass, But overall, I think Looking back is going on the right track, let just see how this next album comes along
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:13 pm

First, a producer works only on the music. Whatever else she does, that's her company's decision.

As opposed to Kazuhito Kikuchi, she doesn't only work with one producer now.

And ok, at this point...She is not being forced to do anything with her music that she doesn't want. SHE FREAKING COMPOSED HOME.

I'm sorry, but I'm just as frustrated as tenshi!

1) Everyone wants her back in Japan.
2) Everyone (except 2) hated Love Songs.

Can no one else complain about the above two points anymore?!

I didn't have a good impression of Love Songs, but now I love all of it. When you have an opinion change, then just speak of it. If you hated it from the beginning and you still hate it now, then there's no need to be redundant. We all know!

Why look back when you have to live forward? THERE'S NO WAY SHE CAN GO BACK, so STOP AH!!!!!

And please, if anyone hates the next album and you hated Love Songs...please don't come back until she returns to Japan! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
martyt
martyt
alan fan
alan fan

Female Posts : 207

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:30 pm

I think we tend to glorify Alan japanese career a little bit too, tbh.
Sure, Voice of the Earth is UTTER PERFECTION, like all the singles b-sides before that, not going to deny it, but after that, Avex tried to go mainstream with her as well.
They sacrified her uniqueness too with her second album. We had things like Kuon no Kawa, but we got things like Swear too. I'm not saying one is better than the other, it kind of depends on personal tastes, but they're totally different genres.
Can we stop acting like Avex didn't make mistakes at all with Alan sometimes? 'Cause they screwed up too, more than once.
...Of course Yuehua is on a whole another level right now. I still can't believe those morons want her to stop singing!

Edit:
Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think anyone liked particularly her new japanese single Dream Express, but I don't see people complaining constantly about it.
We didn't like it. Period.
Let's hope she does better in Japan if there's a next time.
Back to top Go down
Hmonks
Hmonks

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:36 pm

^ Pommy all I'm just saying is that Love song wasn't a strong comeback for Alan In China, I'm just stating her album didn't live up to most people expectation And I'm not the only one that beg to differ, and we can't really judge what her next album will be like, But overall it is sounding a lot better then her last album. Anyways these argument wont go anywhere . Yes she is Alan , but as a Business stand point people do have the right to criticized and bring opinion to such and such even if she is Alan. criticism will always play a part in the Music industry because if nobody support that artist eventually they widdle away like a lot of once popular artist and that is the true fact to any musician.
Back to top Go down
adantatu2
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

Male Posts : 1079

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Why is this discussion in the alan Updates thread ? XD

I cried when i watched her last concert in Japan, i loved her japanese releases a lot, but c'mon she is working really hard in China, her last releases are really good. Yuehua isn't a cool caompany, but at least she still releasing music.
Back to top Go down
nozname
nozname
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 10:47 am

Some information to add, regarding her first album in China, the composer isn't that bad as you think, it is one of the famous composer that I know.

Back to top Go down
adantatu2
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

Male Posts : 1079

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 3:02 pm

I don't think Love song is bad, the problem is that fans are always comparing the album with her japanese releases
Back to top Go down
alanamra
alanamra
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

Female Posts : 248

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 pm

It is a weird thread to have the discussion in, but I also think Love Song was a solid release compared to all releases in her career. I'm happy with mostly everything she has done since 2007.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this new album... Yuehua needs to stop making it hard on her. It will be nice when her contract with them ends (when?), though I wonder how the next company will treat her. I remember at the time people (myself, at least) were glad to see her get away from avex, but because it wasn't like a miracle change or anything, I don't necessarily want to feel that way about Yuehua, ha. Like I said, pretty satisfied including Yuehua releases
Back to top Go down

DREWdesu
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 12:44 am

I am one of those people who really loves alan's traditional, ethnic, oriental releases over the "generic Pop" which was pretty much most of her Japanese discography. Avex should have really concentrated to where alan shined as a singer ever since her audition.

I agree she wasn't the most popular singer in Japan, only known as the "RED CLIFF" or "Inuyasha" singer. However with her new releases sounding much more traditional, I still have high hopes for her new album.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

China and Japan Empty
PostSubject: Re: China and Japan   China and Japan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

China and Japan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top