A forum dedicated to the beautiful songstress, Alan Dawa Dolma

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
alan-international social media
What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm by pommy48

Comments: 0

Share | 

What Asian songs do you love right now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mistermickeyd
mistermickeyd
ひとつ lover
ひとつ lover

Male Posts : 425

What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:01 am

Utada Hikaru- 桜流し
Just can't seem to get tired of the haunting beauty of this song. But Utada rarely does wrong in my book so I guess that makes me a little baised... XD

曾檐- 乌鸦的梦
Since Pommy posted a video to this song on Facebook, I can't stop listening to it. The melody and her voice are so calm and soothing.

alan- 夢のガーデン
I don't think I'll ever get sick of hearing this song, you know, considering it's my favorite alan song EVER!!! lol

KOKIA- Karma
I know it's the theme song for an older anime or something but that's not even why I like it ironically enough. It's just a cool and different song and her voice is perfect in it.

That's all I can think of right now for my current asian song obsessions lol
Back to top Go down
alanamra
alanamra
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

Female Posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Sesshy
Sesshy
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover

Female Posts : 704

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:09 pm

- - AKLO
- サッカー (feat. JAY'ED)
- Red Pill
- Your Lane (feat. 鋼田 テフロン)

I am ready for all the J-rock release that's coming out this month.
Back to top Go down
Pinguu
Pinguu
恵みの雨 lover
恵みの雨 lover

Male Posts : 1247

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:35 pm

(this thread shouldn't die like that) No 

Joey Yung's latest album is so good ! 蟲之家, 另眼相看 and 七不思議 are totally my jams at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://frenchandchinese.wordpress.com
hikki
hikki
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Female Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:10 am

JYONGRI - Possession
Kalafina - serenato
Kana Nishino - Best Friend
Kokia - 調和 & Battle of destiny
Miwa Sasagawa - 都会の灯
Yasuda Rei - Best of my Love
Younha - 우리가 헤어진 진짜 이유 <33
Back to top Go down
http://yaeko22.tumblr.com/
MamaStayfit
MamaStayfit
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Other / Decline to state Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:10 am

I've recently gotten into FLOWER and E-Girls so I've been listening to Taiyou to Himawari and Follow Me on repeat Skip
Back to top Go down
adantatu2
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

Male Posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:17 pm

^They are amazing !!! Sadly FLOWER's leader left the group.
Anyway, Gommenasai no Kissing you is a good song
Back to top Go down
chioja
chioja
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

Female Posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 11:59 am

With all the songs of the album LEVEL3 - Perfume (パフューム)!!! Embarrass 
Back to top Go down
Black Meddle
Black Meddle
桜モダン fan
桜モダン fan

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Tricot - Pool

Japanese Alternative/Math Rock. Highly recommend them if you like your Rock to be catchy yet a bit more on the complex side of songwriting/structure.
Back to top Go down

Shambhala
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

PostSubject: Wǒ de Lóulán 我的楼兰 - My Loulan ~ Singer: Yun Duo 云朵   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:49 am

Wǒ de Lóulán 我的楼兰 - My Loulan

This song is inspired by an archaeology finding of a 3,800-year old middle-aged female body that was buried in the bronze-age Xiaohe Tomb complex, located to the west of Lop Nor (near to Taklamakan Desert, the "sea of death"), Xinjiang, the far western province of China. The body was preserved so well that her hair, skin, nails were almost complete. She had sheep-skin covering, shoes, and hat on her body. Her face, nose, and eyes show that she was a beautiful woman when alive. "Loulan" (楼兰) is an old Chinese word for native people who lived in the areas of the finding.

Archaeologists couldn't figure out why the body (1800 BCE) was able to last 3,800 years and it was the biggest mystery in Chinese archaeology history. They named the body "Loulan Beauty". Dao Lang 刀郎 is a famous songwriter and singer in China. Yun Duo 云朵, the singer of this song, is a Qiang ethnic from Sichuan ("Yun Duo" literally means a piece of cloud in the sky). Dao Lang took "Loulan Beauty" and romanticized her with this song's soul-shocking music. The lyrics are in poetry format.

The lyrics tell a story of man who fell in love with "Loulan Beauty". He wants to travel far in long distance and back in time to see her beautiful face. He wants to make a mantle for her to keep her warm. He wants to extend his hands to touch her soul. He sees her in lights of the sun and the moon. And he wants to turn into the sand next to her so he could stay with her for thousands of years. The title "My Loulan" make sense in the context of its lyrics.

For those who read and speak Chinese and wish to learn more about the story, here's a documentary link about the "楼兰美人" (Loulan Beauty) archaeology finding: simply click this Youtube link "新丝绸之路(1) 生与死的楼兰" too see the said documentary videos (in 5 parts).

The credits for above info go to rayoh2011

Singer: Yun Duo 云朵
Composer: Dao Lang 刀郎
This song is available in Yun Duo's new album: Stubborn (倔强)

Official-style MV:

Alt-ver (showing the beautiful actress, JING Tian 景甜):

Here are both the Chinese and English lyrics (credits to lakoje):

我的楼兰
My Loulan

想问沙漠借那一根曲线
I want to borrow the desert as a thread

缝件披风为你御寒
To sew a mantle to protect you from the cold

用肺腑去触摸你的灵魂
I will touch your soul with my bosom

我就在那只火炉边取暖
Whilst warming myself by the furnace (the desert)

想问姻缘借那一根红线
I want to borrow a red thread from the God of Love

深埋生命血脉相连
To bury under our intertwined lives and bloodstreams

用丝绸去润泽你的肌肤
I will smooth your skin with silk

我就在那个怀抱里缠绵
I am lingering in the arms

你总是随手把银簪插在太阳上面
Now you stick your hairpin above the sun

万道光芒蓬松着你长发的波澜
To let the beams of sunshine play in your floating hair

我闻着芬芳跋涉着无限远
I walk the distance of infinity after your fragrance

只为看清你的容颜
Only to take a close look at your face

你总不小心把倩影靠在月亮上面
Now you lean against the moon in an elegant pose

万顷月光舞动着你优美的梦幻
To let the beams of moonshine dance in your fantasy

我闻着芬芳跋涉着无限远
I walk the distance of infinity after your fragrance

只为看清你的容颜
Only to take a close look at your face

谁与美人共浴沙河互为一天地
Who can bathe the sea of sands with the beauty and become sky and earth with her

谁与美人共枕夕阳长醉两千年
Who can rest his head on the setting sun with the beauty and relish this moment for two thousand years

从未说出我是你的尘埃
I have never said to you that I'm only the dust to you

但你却是我的楼兰
But you have always been my Loulan
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:46 pm

That was beautiful!
Back to top Go down
wgabi
wgabi
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 3:09 am

pommy48 wrote:
That was beautiful!
i second it

i bet no one knows this song, but a lot of people would love it, if they knew it

uuriintuya - shiree lake

it's a traditional mongolian long tune song but very upbeat modern (pop) version, her voice and singing is fantastic in this song. one interesting thing is, that because of this traditional singing style she only sings for lines in this three and a half minutes song.

ширээ нуурын захад
ширэнгэ юундаа ургаа вэ хө

сэрвүүн багын чамтайгаа
сэтгэл юундаа дасаа вэ до хө

Last edited by wgabi on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my sorry english :-()
Back to top Go down
alanamra
alanamra
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

Female Posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:17 pm

MamaStayfit wrote:
I've recently gotten into FLOWER and E-Girls so I've been listening to Taiyou to Himawari and Follow Me on repeat Skip
adantatu2 wrote:
Their new single PV is out! The PV is amazing... and the song is great too, as usual.

Shambhala wrote:
That story and the song was great. Combining history + music is always a good way to learn about culture :D

wgabi wrote:
uuriintuya - shiree lake
So beautiful! I've never heard music from Mongolia though I've had some interest in the country. (Side note: I find it really interesting you're from Gibraltar - only 30k people there, glad there's an alan representative!)

---

As for the topic... I'm addicted to the Koda Kumi Driving Hit's albums now. I meant to listen to them literally years ago, and I'm so glad I finally did! (Except 5, 5 is really not that good... hopefully 2014's will be more trance-y and less dubstep-y.)
Back to top Go down
wgabi
wgabi
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:32 pm

alanamra wrote:
(Side note: I find it really interesting you're from Gibraltar - only 30k people there, glad there's an alan representative!)
well... i try my best to spread the word - i only fuming here about alan's current cpop life, when i talk to friends or anyone about music, i tell only the best of her :-)

and i kinda represent 3 countries, because originally i'm from hungary, but resident in spain, living 3 minutes from the spanish-gibraltarian border...(because it's alot cheaper) i work and spend my free time in gib, that's why i like to set my location there.

alanamra wrote:
I've never heard music from Mongolia
generally mongolian music is not my favorite either, but there are some artist i like very much, most of them is from china, singing mostly in chinese but keeping some tradition as well, they are from inner mongolia, or close to the tibetan area. i especially like folk songs tuned to modern styles, and both mongolians and tibetans are very good at it, also many of their singers have great voices.

here is another one of my favorite, if you like beautiful songs, these girls are just blow you (and everyone) away. for me tibetan singers are unbeatable :-) their voices are so clear and powerful, and they sing almost without any effort. this song is well known and was performed by many singer, but i think they are the best

雪莲三姐妹 - 青藏高原 (the first song)

Last edited by wgabi on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
adantatu2
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

Male Posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:49 pm

@alanamra Yes, i watched it !!
It's beautiful, perfect for this winter.
Back to top Go down
MamaStayfit
MamaStayfit
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Other / Decline to state Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:12 am

alanamra wrote:
MamaStayfit wrote:
adantatu2 wrote:
Their new single PV is out! The PV is amazing... and the song is great too, as usual.

I was about to post that but you beat me to it xD I swear, FLOWER has some of the best ballads out there <3 Embarrass 

*skips off to watch the mv on repeat* Bye
Back to top Go down
martyt
martyt
alan fan
alan fan

Female Posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:17 am

I've been obsessing over KILL BILL by Brown Eyed Girls lately... Must be that wonderful video with all those movie references (I adore Kill Bill movies).
Anyway, I've got it on repeat for days.
Back to top Go down
RaeMessuri
RaeMessuri
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Female Posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:00 am

right now - four songs from piana's album "Muse" (2014):

Ruins
Nostalgia
Phosphorescence
Borderless https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNqI-pAZZcQ

http://www.piana-music.com/muse.html
http://blog.arvka.com/piana-to-release-new-album-muse/
Back to top Go down
Black Meddle
Black Meddle
桜モダン fan
桜モダン fan

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 am

tricot - Break (God, I love these girls so much. All-girl Alternative/Math Rock from Japan. Everything they write is gold, and this is a pretty cool fan-involved music video. It's awesome to see they have so many fans overseas, and having just wrapped up playing a tour in Europe, even supporting the Pixies for a few shows, they're really gaining the attention of the Western world. Awesome.)

Kinoko Teikoku きのこ帝国 - Tokyo (Japanese female-fronted Post-Rock/Shoegaze. I first heard their Long Goodbye EP last year and fell in love with it. The video below is their newest song, just released this week if I'm not mistaken, and it's excellent.)

Uchu Conbini 宇宙コンビニ - Everything Changes (Math Rock trio from Japan. I love how they take the complexity of Math Rock and craft such a mellow and melodic sound. The guitarist has some mad chops, and the bassist/vocalist's voice has this warm, rich sweetness to it that fits their songs so well.)

Charan Po Rantan チャラン・ポ・ランタン - 空中ブランコ乗りのマリー (A very fun and extremely charming sister duo. They combine French Chanson, Romani (aka Gypsy) and Klezmer music (traditional Eastern European Jewish that a lot of circus music is based on. Older sister Kohaku (25) is a world-class accordionist, having won an international championship in Italy when she was only 20 years old, and younger sister Momo (21) is often sought after many bands/artists in Tokyo for guest vocals. Occasionally they are backed up by the support band, Cancan Balkan.)

Gesu No Kiwami Otome ゲスの極み乙女。- ノーマルアタマ (Another great band, Gesu combines Jazz, Lounge music and Progressive Rock for amazing results. Each member is extremely talented in their respective instruments, and their songs are extremely catchy. Their music videos are always fun as well.)

September Me セプテンバーミー - 妖怪ダンス (These guys are fairly new to me, with this being the only song of theirs I've heard so far, but I really dig it. Some great, punchy, energetic Rock.)

Camuro Bounce カムロバウンス - Tokyo Great War (Another band new to me, another great Rock song, with some keyboard added to great effect.)

Evocation 招魂 - Tin Ling Ling Dei Ling Ling (Death Metal from Hong Kong, lol. I am a Metalhead, after all. \m/ >o< \m/ )

Tenguboy - Shockman (For shits n' giggles, lol. Tenguboy is actually Joe Inoue, a Japanese-American who moved to Japan to become a Rock star. I guess Tenguboy is just a side project for fun or something)

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Asian songs do you love right now?   What Asian songs do you love right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Asian songs do you love right now?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top