The alan oricon & other rankings thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
AyumiAi
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:38 pm

yay congratz alan! :) hopefully she can keep the number or go up a bit XP
Back to top Go down
RaffeKarim
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

Male Posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:55 pm

That's great that you can buy the songs from those different sites, but still if you look the other way. People are still downloading because many has bought the whole package and started uploading on other sites that goes to another site. And it continues!

I just wish we could change the music industriesso that people singing songs could actually gain something from it on a good way instead of being released on different websites for free.
Back to top Go down
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

Male Posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:54 pm

i'm happy with the peaks, probably she is gonna be #15 or #16 like her 2 studio albums,Voice of EARTH was #15 and my life #16, both sold around 11k the first week.
if this happen, her sales are gonna be steady
Back to top Go down
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7549

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:00 pm

OS presses doesn't really matter at all to alan's sales. They don't count towards Oricon since they count toward other charts.

alan doesn't even have many OS press (2 singles+3 albums)...AvexTW and AvexHK have to buy the copyrights from Japan, so if they know the singles won't get them a lot of money, they won't buy the copyrights. alan barely does any promotion in Taiwan and even though she releases Chinese albums and does promotion in the Mainland, those sales counts towards her AvexCN popularity.

Other alan Chinese forums has a policy where they only upload an album on the day of the release. If someone uploads it before the release, they would just delete the thread. I thought about doing that here too...but it doesn't really matter. If someone is not going to buy the album, they still won't buy it even if you make them wait.

We could support her digitally on iTunes, but that's only available for people in Japan. We could support her Chinese songs by buying them, but that's only available for people in China too.

I hate how Avex made the limited edition so expensive this time, but we have to realize that this release is not for alan to suddenly gain all of these new fans. If that was really Avex's goal, they would have done a lot more promotion. This release is just a good way to make the hard-die fans to buy it and maybe occasionally help alan get new fans. Either way, this release is a way for Avex to cash in some money from all of the money they've invested on alan.

ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:47 pm

pommy48 wrote:
I hate how Avex made the limited edition so expensive this time, but we have to realize that this release is not for alan to suddenly gain all of these new fans. If that was really Avex's goal, they would have done a lot more promotion. This release is just a good way to make the hard-die fans to buy it and maybe occasionally help alan get new fans. Either way, this release is a way for Avex to cash in some money from all of the money they've invested on alan.

It's not only the limited edition that's so expensive... I think close to $60 (yesasia price) is very expensive for the normal edition, especially considering there is very little new content. I agree it looks like Avex wanted to get more money out of her current fans over expanding her fan base. I hope this release does really well and I would like to see some real numbers soon, but then I am a little afraid that we will see more releases priced this way.
Back to top Go down
NJDevils
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

Male Posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm happy to see her back to 14th and it would be great if her Best Album can exceed 10K.
Back to top Go down
NJDevils
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:26 pm

The new result (half day though): 19th, can be changed later.

1128(March 6th). Sub-total: 6597

6597 X 6300 yen = 41,561,100 yen.
Back to top Go down
RaffeKarim
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:09 pm

A growing number of Net-based music file exchanges and the copying of CD music albums onto CD-R disks by pop music buffs have hammered the sales and profitability of Avex Inc. in fiscal 2002, the major record company said Wednesday.

Avex, whose CD sales have long drawn fire from contracted pop singer Ayumi Hamasaki, revised down its group net balance forecast for the first six-month period to Sept. 30 to a loss of 1.9 billion yen, a turnaround from the initially forecast profit of 500 million yen.

This means Avex is set to sink into the red for the first time ever on a group half-year results basis, although Hamasaki's new CD single ''H'' is widely expected to ascend above the 1 million line.

The forecast for half-year group sales was also revised downward to 36.10 billion yen from the initial forecast of 43.0 billion yen released May 16.

Avex said it has also revised down earnings projections for the full year to March 31, 2003 and cut the full-year stock dividend forecast to 35.0 yen from the earlier forecast 50.0 yen.

It also put the blame on flagging demand in the music album market.

Combined production of music CDs for the January-July period in Japan fell by 16% over the same period. Devising measures to clamp down on music piracy is vital, record industry officials said.

Avex President Tatsumi Yoda said, ''To fend off piracy, we will continue to release new music CDs with a built-in mechanism designed to forestall copying.''

Avex said it plans to release CD music albums by pop duo ''Every Little Thing,'' rhythm and blues singer Misia and Hamasaki in the second half of this year.

It revised its full-year estimate for group sales to 85.9 billion yen from the initially forecast 90.9 billion yen, with the net profit forecast cut to 4.0 billion yen from the initially projected 5.6 billion yen.
Back to top Go down
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 pm

How old is that article? @_@

And by the built-in mechanism...those are just the copy-control CDs? Lol that worked out well

@NJ: So that 41,561,100 yen is just the estimated maximum profit?

明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 pm

If the avex did any difference one the built mechanism thing.....they really failed there. People can always find a way to copy a CD.

And the article is from 2002...
Back to top Go down
kincho
明日への讃歌 lover
明日への讃歌 lover

Male Posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 am

RaffeKarim wrote:
I agree that many people want calendars and posters. But if they were able to sell posters and calendars from the website but they actually get delieverd to your position it would be fine too.
But there aren't always all who want the poster and calendars. They see it very expensive buying the whole package because that is the only thing that is being offered.
The people would want the songs as fast as possible and the posters delievered a day or two later. That way noone would actually care about downloading songs and making copies of it. If you sell the song on a very normal price for everyone to accept, I can assure you that the songs will be bought in the highest quality instead of being downloaded on the minium quality.

ok i am not trying to argue here and this page is not for argument anyway so this will be my last response for this matter.

why do you think people will pay to download somethings that you can download them for free using google search.? the person who legally paid and download the highest quality songs from the website might also upload the songs for others to download for free. so after 1-2 days all those songs will be all over the net. i am not sure what is the very normal price in your mind, but in china guangzhou theres so many illegal copy movies and music CD?DVD are selling on the street. u can easily grab 2 or 3 discs for $10 or $20 chinese money, i am not sure about now.. but i went back there 4 years ago its crazy 8/10 cd shops are selling illegal copy disc lol. and u also can find them selling from the morning food market.. but i heard alot has shut down now because not much people buying them where you can download at home. so thats why they still so many BT chinese website out there from the chinese net?. so i m not quite agree what you said " that way no one will care about downloading songs"

the reason i buy the album is i want to collect them.. just like a collection that can put on the shelf.. so when my friends come i can show them how much i support this artist. but if i show them all the songs i bought and downloaded on the hdd . what do you think they will think.? do you think they will believe me i bought them?. my families and best friends might will.. but most of them will say "hey thats nothing special. u just download it from the net for free"..

anyway thats what i think.. thx.. cheers.. :) and sorry its too long and too boring.
Back to top Go down
RaffeKarim
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:55 am

We'll just end this topic with that......."piracy" as we know it won't stop...

I'm not here to argue either.......so if anyone felt wrong about what I said, then I'm really sorry about that.

Hope you guys don't take it very seriously.

We need to support each other and bring alan forward internationally. Alan is a singer of peace and harmony. Let us bring the word forward with her songs!

Sry if you felt bad Kincho :)

Peace! :-)
Back to top Go down
NJDevils
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:26 am

pommy48 wrote:
How old is that article? @_@

And by the built-in mechanism...those are just the copy-control CDs? Lol that worked out well

@NJ: So that 41,561,100 yen is just the estimated maximum profit?

Well, it depends how much investment Avex put in. Until reliable number is released, it's hard to tell whether this album makes profits or loses money.

Today she ranks 19th.

Back to top Go down
RaffeKarim
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:09 pm

[/quote]

Well, it depends how much investment Avex put in. Until reliable number is released, it's hard to tell whether this album makes profits or loses money.

Today she ranks 19th.

[/quote]

Will her rank get into a position where it will stay perfectly stable? because her rank is changing almost every day....hehe :P
Back to top Go down
Mark
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Has anyone heard of actual numbers sold? I saw 6597 a page back... was that total for up to that time, or was that only the limited edition? I'm dying to see some actual numbers so the ranks make a little more sense!
Back to top Go down
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:29 pm

where did you get the sales??
i know there are estimated sales only for singles.

Back to top Go down
Piscislove27
君想フ空 fan
君想フ空 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Everithing alright for alan! Graduate

(That is I can understand in all the long-post, have a english so advance that i cant understand at all Poor )
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Angelwish27
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Half-day:

19 *,886 alan / JAPAN PREMIUM BEST & MORE
19 alan 886 (total 7483)

Still 19~

kpp
風の手紙 lover
風の手紙 lover

Female Posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:01 am

Weekly from JPM

15. 8,385 alan

should pass 10,000 copies soon
Back to top Go down
adantatu2
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover
RED CLIFF ~心・戦~ lover

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:44 pm

#15 is really good, not bad actually
Bingo
Back to top Go down
Piscislove27
君想フ空 fan
君想フ空 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Whit its can be have a #| at the month Comfy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Angelwish27
NJDevils
明日への讃歌 fan
明日への讃歌 fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:07 pm

March 9th: 38th Freeze
Back to top Go down
mitsurugii
alan fan
alan fan

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:11 am

15th on weekly wasn't bad! I hope it'll at least pass 1k this week..
Back to top Go down

kpp
風の手紙 lover
風の手紙 lover

Female Posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:24 am

since there will be a bit more promo again I'm sure it will stay pretty strong.
Back to top Go down
love.alanx
風の手紙 fan
風の手紙 fan

Male Posts : 832

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:59 am

So she got 15th weekly? Not bad. Hope it'll keep selling strong though.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The alan oricon & other rankings thread   

Back to top Go down

The alan oricon & other rankings thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
alan international :: alan :: alan News-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum