Birthday present for alan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

Birthday present for alan? Empty
PostSubject: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:47 pm

I was wondering if everyone wants to do something special for alan's birthday? We probably can't personally give it to her, but if everyone wants to do it....then maybe I can ask her agent to give it to her?

It would be great if people give suggestions on what we should do! And let's just keep it to a picture...

I'm asking for what we could present with our picture?

I was thinking maybe we could take a picture of ourselves with a sign that had our username, age, location, and a personal message to alan

It would be great if her international fanbase would be able to do something special for her!

Her birthday is on July 25, so if we're going to do it....we should start planning it fast...

Last edited by pommy48 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
y_nathz
y_nathz
東京未明 fan
東京未明 fan

Female Posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 am

Hey that's a nice idea!! :D
I remember lanfix ever wanted to do this a few months ago *but tell me if I'm wrong cai xD*

And I like your idea :) *maybe we can show our alan collection too :P*
Do you mean someone will print the pictures and make it like AWIO book ? I hope I'm right xD

Yeah you're right, better doing this soon..
Should we start to deciding deadline, staff, etc ? :)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/y_nathz
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:56 am

I don't think we'll be able to print it...and there's no way for someone to give it to alan either @_@

So maybe just a rar'ed file?....
Back to top Go down
y_nathz
y_nathz
東京未明 fan
東京未明 fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 am

Hmm so you mean we're going to give the rar file to someone who ~probably~ can meet her ?
It's a bit confusing xD
Back to top Go down
tenshi no hane
tenshi no hane
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 am

^ I think she means that with a .rar file you can give it via the internet (her twitter/blog or something)

...I can't think of any good ideas at the moment *brainstorms*
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:38 am

^ Yeah that's what I meant~

If alan couldn't see the tweet :D Then I can always tweet it to her agent cause I've...tweeted her agent quite a few times~
Back to top Go down
y_nathz
y_nathz
東京未明 fan
東京未明 fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:45 am

Oh I see.. Thanks for explaining xD

I hope either alan or her agent would catch the tweet, it'll be such a sweet present :)
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:48 am

Yeah! So I'll leave the ideas open till Friday

We need time for everyone to prepare....once it's officially settled, I'll send out a forum newsletter~
Back to top Go down
lanfix
lanfix
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1648

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:19 am

y_nathz wrote:
Hey that's a nice idea!! :D
I remember lanfix ever wanted to do this a few months ago *but tell me if I'm wrong cai xD*

And I like your idea :) *maybe we can show our alan collection too :P*
Do you mean someone will print the pictures and make it like AWIO book ? I hope I'm right xD

Yeah you're right, better doing this soon..
Should we start to deciding deadline, staff, etc ? :)

Iye Nath you're not wrong :P

I was thinking about making book like AHS member did, but seems like it's pretty hard to do that now, we have limited time and no idea how to send it to alan. So a file that able to be given via internet probably is the best option.

So my idea now is all of us make something - it can be a picture of yourself with alan collection, or something you designed, or drawing, whatever as long as it's still image, along with ur birthday message - then someone compiled all of them in a form of animation flash so it will look more tidy and interesting.
Uhm actually this is only my rough idea LOL
Back to top Go down
http://infinity328.tumblr.com/
y_nathz
y_nathz
東京未明 fan
東京未明 fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:51 am

Good to know xD
In a form of animation flash ? .swf files ?
I thought we're going to make the pics become .pdf files and convert it into .rar and send it to alan *coz it sounded easier somehow xD*
But you're idea is interesting :)

I hope I remember how to work with flash *or maybe someone who knows how to appears soon*

Last edited by y_nathz on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lanfix
lanfix
天女 ~interlude~ fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:56 am

^ Yup swf. files. Well actually I also don't understand flash at all xD I'm looking for tutorial now..

If you don't understand what kind of flash, here's an example in this web: http://jerryaurum.com/portofolio/
It's like a flipped pages of a book, every page contains a message + pic. Of course I'm not expecting something as perfect as that example :P
Back to top Go down
mellody
mellody
幸せの鐘 fan
幸せの鐘 fan

Male Posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 am

^ Well, swf files sometimes aren't reliable, we need to install flash player first, then If the flash player only applied only to browser, we have to open the files in the browser, I think we will face so many problems if using swf files, and it's not easy to make it :3

How about pictures slide show in video format?
So we need to collect all of the pictures from the members who want to send the birthday message, then we combine it in a video, with 10 seconds or less duration for every picture.
I think if we send the video files, they can open the video easily, since it's video with basically in .avi or .mpg format.

But, the problem is, I KNOW we won't send small pictures with a lot of messages there, because it will be hard to read, then if we put pictures in video, the quality may vary.
Smaller file size means smaller quality of the pictures, but if we want bigger quality, the file size will big as well. Should we upload a big files? I don't think so...

So, this is only my idea, hope you're understand what I mean because of my crappy English :XD:
Back to top Go down
http://mellodywords.blogspot.com
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:24 pm

But the problem is.....I don't know if her agent will be willing to download a big video file.....

But we could just upload the video to youtube?
Back to top Go down
Hanabi
Hanabi
幸せの鐘 fan
幸せの鐘 fan

Female Posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Yeah Youtube video sounds good and safe!
Back to top Go down
lanfix
lanfix
天女 ~interlude~ fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Youtube is good, we can even upload HD so the video quality will be clear to read :XD:

About file size, I heard Japan is one of the countries which has fastest internet connection, it won't be a problem to download hundreds MB video they just need some minutes I guess..
Back to top Go down
alanamra
alanamra
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

Female Posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:40 pm

pommy48 wrote:
But the problem is.....I don't know if her agent will be willing to download a big video file.....

But we could just upload the video to youtube?
I agree with using Youtube for reasons like this. I'm not sure how it really is, but to me if you had things sent to your twitter/email/other web accounts that are specifically have to do with your work (when you're in the public eye, like singer, actor, etc), I would be very careful what I download because you never know what people could try to send you, if they don't like you.. maybe a virus or spyware in a rar or other type of file ('cause things like that happen a lot, just look at Sarah Palin and her email account getting hacked). So, using a site that doesn't really have that possibility would probably make alan/her agent more at ease.I wanna try to make something by hand and take a photo of it... but I'm not sure what yet :)
Back to top Go down
y_nathz
y_nathz
東京未明 fan
東京未明 fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:48 am

So Youtube is the safest idea by now..
If we're really going to do this, what is the picture size anyway ?
Back to top Go down
Pinguu
Pinguu
恵みの雨 lover
恵みの雨 lover

Male Posts : 1247

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:51 am

Ok, whatever the medium of the present (YT video, flash animation, book, etc), the gift will consist of pictures, right ? Do you allow drawings ? Because I've started one related to alan (while I had nothing to do, at school), and that could make a great present, I think !
Back to top Go down
http://frenchandchinese.wordpress.com
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:00 am

I'm actually really not sure how to make video except just in Windows Movie Maker

But if someone recommend a free and easy to use program, then I can get back to everyone with the specifics

^ And fanart would be totally fine!
Back to top Go down
PEARL
PEARL
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

Female Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:08 am

i can't think of anything now but im so excited!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ameblo.jp/mochiikkoo
fuawas
fuawas
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

Male Posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:19 pm

I think that making a video is a great idea!
And using Youtube too... some weeks ago some Kylie Minogue fans made a video lyp-synching and saying few words and they tweeted her the video. She watched, so it's a great way of sending alan our birthday gift!!

And if we don't make her a video, an "ebook" will be great too! But I don't know if her English level is high enough to understand letters :S

Anyway, it's a great idea and I'd love to join in the project ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/fuawas
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Ok! I asked her agent and she said it's totally fine!

So we'll be making a video! It's official!
Back to top Go down
kincho
kincho
明日への讃歌 lover
明日への讃歌 lover

Male Posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:08 am

omg. did you guy really make a video and gave it to her for bday present?
i joined AI on the 25th july so i am abit late.. and that was alan's bday lol.
if you guy really did make a vid and upload to youtube.. pls link me.. i wanna have a look.. Birthday present for alan? 60680
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Ah sorry...I wasn't able to finish it...>_< Maybe next time
Back to top Go down
kincho
kincho
明日への讃歌 lover
明日への讃歌 lover

Male Posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 pm

^^ its ok.. atleast you did thought about giving her somethings. thats really nice already. yup next create somethings for her next year Birthday present for alan? 60680
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday present for alan?   Birthday present for alan? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birthday present for alan?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top