A forum dedicated to the beautiful songstress, Alan Dawa Dolma

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
alan-international social media
alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm by pommy48

Comments: 0

Share | 

alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
3000smiles
3000smiles
夢のGARDEN artist
夢のGARDEN artist

Female Posts : 416

alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday Empty
PostSubject: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 pm

while pommy is translating the interview on alan from Femina, I'll just break this really important news here first Laugh

Basically she said that she's really rooted to her family and her culture, so she'll definitely be returning to China... some time in the future. That way she'll get to spend more time with her family too, which is becoming more important to her as she gets older :)

I wonder what do you guys think about it?

I'm still having mixed feelings about it Grr
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:37 pm

She's just...taking a vacation X_X

She didn't say she's taking a break from music

She said the same thing last year around New Years and she was back within 1-2 weeks
Back to top Go down
3000smiles
3000smiles
夢のGARDEN artist
夢のGARDEN artist

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:39 pm

eh actually I'm referring to her saying that she'll 回国发展 in the interview Bingo
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 pm

OH! Ok got that xD I didn't read the interview yet

But I hope with the experience she has received in Japan that she will do even better in China *_*
Back to top Go down
3000smiles
3000smiles
夢のGARDEN artist
夢のGARDEN artist

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 pm

I know... But I really don't like showbiz in China Loner plus it's still much more closed than Japan showbiz... I want more of the world to know her Tantrum

hehe I think what I really hope is that she'll gain the international recognition that she deserves before returning, so that she won't be bound by all the stupid unwritten rules in mainland showbiz Hahaha
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Sadly, that probably won't happen...

It's sad that she will probably only be remembered in Japan as "that person who sang the RED CLIFF theme songs"

I just wish that Avex would put more effort in her X_X They have other artists that barely sell, but they keep on making music. The difference with alan and those artists is that those artists' families are in Japan. I don't think alan deserves to put all of this effort in her music to get little in return and she has to be so far away from her parents.
Back to top Go down
3000smiles
3000smiles
夢のGARDEN artist
夢のGARDEN artist

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 pm

rationally... I agree

emotionally... Not Listening I am stubbornly clinging on to my hope... I mean, it could happen (pray pray pray)

Disappoint I guess it's just that I have very mixed feelings about China as a whole... On one hand, since I'm also a Chinese I feel attached to it and so I want alan to return, but on the other hand, I'm extremely disillusioned with the *cough* current status of the country *cough*, so I feel kind of, I don't know, protective? and I'm afraid that she'll have an ever harder time...
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 pm

I would rather her stay in Japan with the uncle fans than in China with all of the haters X_X

I would rather alan sing nothing than to sing the generic music that most Cpop singers sing X_X
Back to top Go down
thernz
thernz
東京未明 fan
東京未明 fan

Male Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 pm

If she wants to be closer to her family, I'd be fine with me if she starts a more China-based career. Especially with what Pommy said. Can't say I have much opinion on whether I prefer Japanese or Chinese showbiz because most of the time I don't care HEH. then again there's the whole hater thing so idk im just going to end this post with no strong opinion

lol china
Back to top Go down
Piscislove27
Piscislove27
君想フ空 fan
君想フ空 fan

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Honestly, i want that alan still singing in japanese a lot of time, but I can understand and I´ll support her if she want return to China, to be closer to her family and the rest of people who watch her how grow up as person and singer, I hope if that could be happen, all the haters return to love her by return to make more chinese and/or tibetan music.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Angelwish27
Xiao_Hua
Xiao_Hua
空唄 lover
空唄 lover

Female Posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:26 am

I know its cultural thing, I know that chinese have a strong bound with their parents through the whole life, but from my perspective it's not that bad - to be away from your parents.

My thoughts are that we are our own person and its not my obligation to give something to my parents in return. And thats common thought in China. I love China and chinese culture and their language and food and all that, but some things bother me. Its like, I care more about freedom than the history and tradition.

Thats why I think - we all move away from our parents (or some of us didnt have parents or our parents treated us like dirt) and she should stop crying about it, she has right to live her dream.

Its ok staying in touch with them, be with them from time to time, but wanting to live with them for the rest of your life... C'MON -.-

Other thing, I like chinese pop, especially cantonese pop, but true fact IS that chinese producers and song writers cant offer alan what she needs. Japan is better option for her as an artist.

Her chinese music ain't that special to me as japanese versions of the same songs even I speak chinese better than japanese X_X

Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:00 am

she also explains it in the new article that Tibetans have a stronger bond to their family, but I think the problem is that she left too soon. Most people may leave their parents around 24, but she left them when she was 19.

This is what's so interesting with Western and Asian cultures. Western culture is based on independence and the individual, but Asian cultures are based on the family and collectivism.

Back to top Go down
Hmonks
Hmonks
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ fan

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:09 am

^ I agree what Xiao_Hua Said everyone move on and everyone dies, it life yes their point where you want to be with your family , but making it big always have consequences and that consequences is meet by sacrifice, I'm sorry tradition is important in someway, but reality can not fit with traditional belief, Because as we see it if you want to accomplished something you have to learn to adapted with what yet to come. Let be honest here most of her Chinese Song is not up to pier compared to her japanese Song, Yes beside red cliff most doesn't live up to it, And seeing her sell will she do any better in China compared to Japan. As Far as I see it China Music market just can't compare to what the Japanese industry offer, SORRY if I'm a bit over head with this. But I agree with Xiao Hua Alan should stop crying over her family. Business is Business and it shouldn't be compared to a personal life..

This is just my 2 cent... Sorry for sounding like an -----
Back to top Go down
3000smiles
3000smiles
夢のGARDEN artist
夢のGARDEN artist

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:13 am

yeah and I guess the thing is that no matter how much you learn the culture and everything, sometimes you still feel out of place in a foreign country... So it's really understandable that she wants to go back

if only there weren't so much problem with China's showbiz itself.....

although I do agree with Xiao Hua that her Chinese songs tend to be not as nice as her japanese ones X_X, and with Hmonks that the Chinese music market is not as developed... Seriously if she's under-appreciated now, I'm afraid she might be completely buried if she returns to China too soon.

>.< prays that she renews her contract with Avex... at least then she'll most likely stay in Japan for a while more
Back to top Go down
Xiao_Hua
Xiao_Hua
空唄 lover
空唄 lover

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:31 am

pommy48 wrote:
she also explains it in the new article that Tibetans have a stronger bond to their family, but I think the problem is that she left too soon. Most people may leave their parents around 24, but she left them when she was 19.

This is what's so interesting with Western and Asian cultures. Western culture is based on independence and the individual, but Asian cultures are based on the family and collectivism.

yeah, this is nicely put.

I dont think its problem that she left 'soon' ,thats not soon at all, soon would be if she was 15.
I think she's just that kind of a person 'home and family are my everything'.

and yeah, we as fans should accept that I guess
Back to top Go down
analog123
analog123
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:52 am

is she preparing her fans of her Japanese music for something? this is making me sad!
Back to top Go down
3000smiles
3000smiles
夢のGARDEN artist
夢のGARDEN artist

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:58 am

she said this in her latest interview with Femina (pommy translated the whole article :D)

I think it wasn't so much directed at fans of her Japanese music, more likely to her Chinese fans, since this is a question that many ask about her
Back to top Go down
GREEN ~Love Moon Light~
GREEN ~Love Moon Light~
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

Female Posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:13 am

Confuse~~ @____@
Alan will stop Japanese career!?
Back to top Go down
Xiao_Hua
Xiao_Hua
空唄 lover
空唄 lover

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:24 am

this is the translated article we are talking about > https://alan-international.forumotion.com/t1174-article-femina-july-5-2011

alan said:

"I was still too young when I left my home and now I'm 24. I don't have a lot of time to spend with my parents, so I've always felt guilty about it. Even though they would come to see me and I would go back to see them, but this is still not enough." She also said "my parents are traditionally Tibetan, so family is very important and I have a strong sense for returning home. I will have to eventually return home one day. This is something that will definitely happen."
Back to top Go down
GREEN ~Love Moon Light~
GREEN ~Love Moon Light~
ひとつ fan
ひとつ fan

Female Posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:19 am

yeah, I knew but this means alan will stop singing Japanese forever
or she just want to have some chinese new albums (<-----I actually thought it means this one) :S
Back to top Go down
Hmonks
Hmonks

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 pm

If she does return To China she losing her current producer, her song won't be as epic, She will mostly like fad into the mass Chinese music crowd, and will have many generic song, Look at her Chinese Song yes there great one but most if not all are very generic.... Sad but true, Yes Alan may have a traditional Tibetan aspect of her, but she just don't have the incline of many Traditional Chinese artist and I mean their are a lot of them, It hurt for me to Say this but Alan is making a bad move, if it was the matter with Avex then it understandable, but if it was personal issues then It something else, Yeah I'm all over this thing today, Hey who know maybe Alan meant sometime next few Years, But she is still way too young to retire now, Will with Avex of course.. She still have a Long way to go, She not 40 yet -_- Stress Mobster
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Even though she says that she wants to go back for her parents, but even if that wasn't the case, if Avex doesn't renew her contract, she still has to go back either way~
Back to top Go down
Retai
Retai
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Will support her where ever she go!

Back to top Go down
Rhea
Rhea
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover

Female Posts : 684

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:25 pm

I would prefer that alan's music career remains based mainly in Japan, because I think her Japanese songs are more interesting her Chinese songs. And it's easier for me to follow her activities in Japan. But she has to do whatever makes her happy, I'll support her either way.

But I don't think that that interview is confirmation that alan is going back to China right now, or that she won't make more Japanese music. She's just saying that she wants more time with her family. We have no way of knowing what she's going to do in the future, so it's probably better not to worry too much about it :3
Back to top Go down
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:29 pm

I hope it's not this year cause that's when her contract with Avex ends *_*
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday   alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

alan confirms (pretty much) that she'll be returning to China... someday

View previous topic View next topic Back to top