A forum dedicated to the beautiful songstress, Alan Dawa Dolma

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
alan-international social media
[Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm by pommy48

Comments: 0

Share | 

[Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pommy48
pommy48
my life creator

Female Posts : 7550

[Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings Empty
PostSubject: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:37 am

2010-07-22

[Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings Main_1

Tibetan singer Alan Dawa Dolma will fulfill a dream when she steps onto the stage on July 23 at Shibuya Bunkamura Orchard Hall. Having studied the traditional erhu (a traditional Chinese two-stringed violin) at both the Sichuan Conservatory of Music and the Art Academy in Beijing, the fast-rising singer will this time be backed with a symphonic band as she shows off her distinctive Tibetan wail amongst her repertoire of J-Pop, ballads and traditional songs.

Known simply as Alan in Japan, the 22-year-old has been something of an anomaly on the roster of Japanese pop giant Avex Entertainment. While her live shows show her competence at J-pop ballads, it's when she sings in her own ethnic language -- Kham Ke -- that she excels.

[Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings Inline1_0 Speaking to CNNGo at rehearsals at a Tokyo studio, she reveals that remembering what language to sing in is her biggest pre-performance worry. "I want to make sure the power of each song is conveyed properly so I concentrate on entering the world of that song," she says. "When I’m nervous so many things are spinning around my head and right before going on stage I am concentrating to make sure I don’t mix languages!"

Alan made her debut solo live show in January 2010, following her breakthrough gigs where she sang the theme songs to both of John Woo's Red Cliff films. In that performance she finally revealed the range of her vocal talent to several thousand fans.

"I was quite anxious about it all, there were 23 songs and I was concerned if my voice could get through it all. I need to reach exactly the right key for many of them. I took medicated drops for my throat and ice tea, but where I come from spicy food is common and I wanted to eat it. But spicy food and water is not good for singing."

Born in Kangding, in a Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in Sichuan, China, Alan moved to Tokyo in 2006 following Avex auditions in China. Initially concerned about the move, she has now picked up Japanese thanks to diligently carrying around a notebook for new words, and despite promotion trips to China and Hong Hong -- she has also released two Chinese albums -- Tokyo is her base.

"I’ll be staying in Japan for most of this year, but I may go back to China for fun sometimes, and to see my family," she says.

[Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings Inline2_0 She has begun to notice international interest however. During a recent promotion in Hong Kong many non-Asians came to wish her well at a signing, while audiences at her Japan shows are beginning to show more diversity.

Alan's name, as with most newborns in Tibetan tradition, was bestowed by a lama (Buddhist teacher), and means "a heavenly maiden of the moon."

The demands of her schedule have left her somewhat isolated and alone in Tokyo, but since early 2010 she has been communicating with fans through her new passion, twitter.

"Twitter helps me to keep contact with fans, it brightens up people and makes their day it seems, so I can spread peace and love and I like the direct contact."

Alan Symphony 2010 - July 23rd and 24th, Shibuya Bunkamura Orchard Hall

Address: Tokyu Bunkamura Inc., 24-1, Dogenzaka 2-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo.

tel. +81 (0) 3 3477 9111

Source
Back to top Go down
PEARL
PEARL
alan newbie fan
alan newbie fan

Female Posts : 40

[Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:06 am

woooooo go alan!
thanks for the article!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ameblo.jp/mochiikkoo
tenshi no hane
tenshi no hane
天女 ~interlude~ fan

Female Posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:36 am

thanks for sharing

I loved this part:

Quote :
She has begun to notice international interest however. During a recent promotion in Hong Kong many non-Asians came to wish her well at a signing, while audiences at her Japan shows are beginning to show more diversity.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Back to top Go down
Rhea
Rhea
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover
懐かしい未来 ~longing future~ lover

Female Posts : 684

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:41 am

Great article, thanks for sharing!

I always love hearing what alan has to say♥
Back to top Go down
Pinguu
Pinguu
恵みの雨 lover
恵みの雨 lover

Male Posts : 1247

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks !

The pictures made me want to watch the 1st concert once again XD
Back to top Go down
http://frenchandchinese.wordpress.com
kincho
kincho
明日への讃歌 lover
明日への讃歌 lover

Male Posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 pm

thanks for the article
alan use twitter very often. almost everyday
so i am checking it almost everyday too when i have free time.. :skipping
Back to top Go down
SPEAKERNiGHT
SPEAKERNiGHT
alan fan wannabe
alan fan wannabe

Male Posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 pm

That is awesome how there is more diversity in her live shows now. :yay
Back to top Go down
love.alanx
love.alanx
風の手紙 fan
風の手紙 fan

Male Posts : 832

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Thanks for translating!! We should all take an alan international trip and go see a concert together! XD
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings   [Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Article] Alan Dawa Dolma: Tibet's 'heavenly' pop singer spreads her wings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
alan international :: alan :: alan News-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com